1. About This Website
This is the Official Website of the Department of Economics, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong as per the resolution of the faculty meeting held on 21st June 2010. It was designed, registered and hosted in June, 2010. The design, web-pages and contents were visualized and coded (html) by Prof. S.K. Mishra who also managed it for two years, ending 7th May 2012. Since then it is maintained by Prof. P. Nayak of the Dept. of Economics, NEHU.
2. Annual Reports & Syllabi
3. UGC Financial Help to Students
- GUIDELINES FOR POST GRADUATE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS IN GENERAL & HONOURS COURSES AT UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL. The scholarship may be tenable for a period of two years to enable the rank holders of each university at undergraduate level to pursue their Master's Degree. Age limit 30 years.
- GUIDELINES FOR POST GRADUATE INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD. In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels specially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their families. Age:Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
- REVISED GUIDELINES FOR POST GRADUATE INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD APPLICABLE FROM THE YEAR 2006 - 07. Any single girl child of her parents. In a family if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only. Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme.
- GUIDELINES FOR JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP IN SCIENCES, HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES.
- RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL FELLOWSHIP (RGNF) FOR SCHEDULED CASTE/SCHEDULED TRIBE CANDIDATES.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT for the candidates who have been registered for Ph.D. in Science subjects in Universities with Potential for Excellence/Centres with Potential for Excellence / Centres of Advance Studies and Department of Special Assistance identified by UGC. (Applicable to all Departments of Sciences, Bio-Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Engineering Sciences of the eligible Universities).
- GUIDELINES U.G.C. SCHEME FOR AWARD OF POST GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR PROFESSIONAL COURSES FOR SC/ST CANDIDATES.
- AGE: The upper age limit for male applicants is 45 years as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years in the case of female candidates. In exceptional cases, the age may be relaxed.
Source: UGC Website4. Pensioners Life Certificate Form