Prof. B. Mishra
|Dr. B. Mishra did his M.A. from Utkal University, Odisha, M.Phil. from NEHU, Shillong and Ph.D. from Utkal University, Odisha. He joined the Department on 1st April 1987. Presently, he is Professor of Economics in the Department.He is teaching Public Economics, Labour Economics and Budgetary Theory and Practice.|
|Contact No(s):||+91-364-272-3178(O), +91-364-2550391(R), +91-9436101398 (M)|
|Honours/Awards/Recognition:||Appointed as Member of the Meghalaya Commission on Resource Mobilisation, Government of Meghalaya, Shillong.|
|Ph.D. Title:||An Economic Analysis of Buoyancy and Elasticity of Orissa's Tax System|
|Ph.D. Students Guided:||Three|
|M.Phil. Students Guided:||One|
|Broad Area of Interest:||Public Economics, Fiscal Policies of North-East, Political Economy|
|Current Area of Work:||Fiscal Policies; Political Economy of Taxation and Expenditure|
|Scholarship/Fellowship Awarded:||Awarded both Junior and Senior Research Fellowships|
|Projects Undertaken/in Progress:||
- Mishra, B. (2006): Economics of Taxation: Theory and Application, Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN 81-8370-062-4.
- Mishra, B. (2006): Fiscal Policy in North-East India, Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi, ISBN 81-8370-063-2.
- Lhoungu,V., B. Mishra, and P.S. Suresh. (2016): "Public Expenditure and Economic Growth in Nagaland: A Time Series Analysis", International Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 6(10), pp.839 - 888.
- Lhoungu,V., and Mishra, B.(2016): "Government Expenditure and Its Impact on Economic Growth: A Case Study of Nagaland State", EPARA International Journal of Economic and Business Review, 4(3), pp.17-29.
- Mishra, B., Hassan, S.Ul. and Suresh, P.S. (2016): "An Analysis of Productivity and Efficiency of Tax System in the State of Jammu and Kashmir", EPARA International Journal of Economic and Business Review, 4(1), pp.208-226.
- Mishra, B. (2013): "Constraints of Resource Mobilization in North-East India: Implications for Economic Development." In Proceedings of the National Seminar on 'Ushering Economic Growth in the North Eastern Region of India', Dept. of Economics, Manipur University, Imphal, Manipur.
- Mishra, B. and Suresh, P.S. (2011): "Tax Efforts in North-Eastern States of India", In B.K. Mohanty (ed.) Economic Development in India, New Century Publications, New Delhi, pp. 292-301.
- Suresh, P.S and Mishra, B. (2010): "Public Expenditure and Human Development in North-East India : A Case Study of Meghalaya", in P. Nayak (ed.), Growth and Human Development in North-East India, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, pp.233-243.
- Mishra, B. and Umdor, S. (2009): "Problems of Border Areas in North- East India(Meghalaya):Implications for the 13th Finance Commission", Thirteenth Finance Commission Report,2009, Chapter-3 (d), Government of India, New Delhi, pp.197-246.
- Suresh, P.S and Mishra, B. (2009): "Capacity Utilisation in Private School Industry: A Case Study of Nagaland", International Journal of Management Research and Technology, 3(1): 317-331.
- Mishra, B. and Suresh, P.S. (2007): "Political Economy of Tax Efforts in North Eastern States : A Case Study of Nagaland", in B. Nayak (ed.) Nationalizing Crisis: The Political Economy of Public Policy in Contemporary India, Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi, pp.46-69.
- Mishra, B. and Nayak, P. (2007): "Tax Efforts and Variations in North-East India: An Economic Analysis" in S. Borbora et al (eds.) Development Issues in the North East in the Turn of the Century, Papyrus Publishers, Guwahati, pp.83-99.
- Mishra, B. and Nayak, P. (2006): "Efficiency in Tax Systems: A Study of Tax Responsiveness in North-Eastern States", Journal of World Economic Review, 1(2): 161-176.
- Mishra, B. and Suresh, P.S. (2006): "Resource Constraints in the North Eastern States: A Comparative Study of Meghalaya and Nagaland", Journal of Managerial Economics, 4(1): 82-97.
- Suresh, P.S. and Mishra, B. (2006): "Returns to Scale in Private School Industry of Nagaland: A Production Function Approach", Journal of Industrial Economics, 3(1): 40-51.
- Suresh, P.S., Mishra, B. and Rio, K. (2006): "Private Schooling Industry in North East India: A Trend Analysis of Nagaland State", International Education Journal, 7(2): 379-390.
- Mishra, B. (2005): "Public Resource and its Utilization: Implications for Development for North-Eastern Region" in G. Das (ed.) Structural Changes and Strategies of Development: Resource Industry Linkages in North-East India, Akansha Publising House, New Delhi, pp.265-298.
- Mishra, B. and Suresh, P.S. (2005): "Implications of Public Expenditure for Economic Development of Meghalaya in a Post Globalisation Scenario", in S. Panda (ed.) Globalisation and Regional Development, Mayur Publication, Bhubaneswar, pp.235-250.
- Mishra, B. and Suresh, P.S. (2005): "Political Economy of Public Expenditure Growth in North-Eastern States of India: A Case Study of Nagaland", Asian and African Journal of Economics and Econometrics, Vol.5, No.1, June, pp.17-33.
- Suresh, P.S. and Mishra, B. (2005): "Elasticity and Buoyancy: An Econometric Analysis of Orissa's Tax System", Journal of Social and Economic Policy, 2(2): 131-147.
- Mishra, B. and Nayak, P. (2004): "Limits of Micro Credit for Rural development: A Cursory Look" in J.K. Gogoi (ed.) Rural Indebtedness in North-East India, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, pp.185-200.
- Mishra, B. (2002): "Population Dynamics, Environment and Quality of Life in North-East India," Papers of the International Seminar on South-East Asia's Population in a Changing Asian Context. URL: www.iussp.org/Bangkok2002/S17/mishra.pdf
- Mishra, B. (2001): "Population Dynamics and Quality of Life in N.E. Region" in Rai et al (eds.) Environment Resources and Development, Geographical Society of North-Eastern Hill Region, Shillong.
- Mishra, B. (2000): "Employment in Private Hotel Enterprises of Nagaland", The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 43(4): 977-988.
- Mishra, B. (2000): "Size Structure and Overall Quality of Employment in Private Sector Services Enterprises: A Case Study" Journal of North-Eastern Council, 20(2): 15-23.
- Mishra, B. (1999): "An Enquiry in to the Causes of Slow Pace of Economic Development in North-Eastern Region: A Case for Small Scale Industries and Rural Handicrafts as A Means of Structural Adjustments", Hill Geographer, XI(1&2): 76-86.
- Mishra, B. and Umdor, S. (2009): "Problems of Border Areas in North-East India: implications for Thirteenth Finance Commission (Meghalaya Chapter)".
- Mishra, B. (2004): Public Resource and its Utilization: Implications for development of North-Eastern Region as a part of the study on "The structural Change and Strategy of development: Resource Industry linkages in North-Eastern Region" initiated by ICSSR-NERC, Shillong.