Prof. E.D. Thomas
|Dr. E.D. Thomas did his M.A. and Ph.D. from NEHU, Shillong. He joined the Department on 25th September 1978. He teaches courses in International Economics and Macroeconomics. Presently, he is Professor of Economics in the Department.|
|Contact No(s):||+91-364-272-3177(O); +91-9862062089(M)|
|Ph.D. Title:||Rural Employment/Unemployment in Comprehensive Accounting Framework - A Case Study of Rural Areas of Meghalaya|
|PhD Students Supervised:||Four|
|MPhil Students Supervised||Four|
|Broad Area of Interest:||Economics of North Eastern Region of India|
|Current Area of Work:||Rural Development|
|Projects Undertaken/in Progress:||
- Dubey, A., Kumar, S., Srivastav, N. & Thomas, E.D. (eds.)(2007): Globalisation and North-East India, Standard Publishers (India), New Delhi.
- Nayak, P. & Thomas, E.D. (2007): Human Development and Deprivation in Meghalaya, Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Thomas, E.D. (ed.)(2004): Population and Development Education: Handbook for Adult Educators and NGO Functionaries, Genesis Printers and Publishers, Guwahati-5.
- Thomas, E.D. (2004): Poverty and Rural Development in Meghalaya (India), Akansha Publishing House, New Delhi.
Research Papers Published: (Link to Download)
- Thomas, E.D. and W. Tariang (2007): "Feminization of Poverty: A Review of Recent Literature" in B. Thapar (ed.) Global Poverty- Eradication Strategies, ICFAI, Univ. Press, Hyderabad.
- Thomas, E.D. (2007): "Poverty and Inequality among the North-Eastern States during 1980s and 1990s" in Dubey, Kharpuri and Thomas (eds.) Globalisation and North-East India, Standard Publishers (India), New Delhi, pp.365-380.
- Thomas, E.D., A. Dubey and V. Pala (2004): "Economic Liberalization and Female Labour Force Participation Rate" in Debroy and Kaushik (eds.) Reforming Labour Market, Academic Foundation, New Delhi, pp.379-396.
- Thomas, E.D., A. Dubey and V. Pala (2004): "Workforce Participation of Women in Rural India: The Role of Education", Indian Journal of Labour Economics, 47(4).
- Thomas, E.D and M. Lalwani (2000): "Incidence of Poverty among Beneficiary Households: A Case Study of Meghalaya", Manpower Journal, XXXV(1): 1-19.
- Thomas, E.D and M. Lalwani (2000): "Incidence of Poverty among Beneficiary Households and Employment Generation under JRY: A Case Study of Meghalaya", Man and Development, XXXVI(1): 1-19.
- Thomas, E.D (1998): "Autonomous District Councils' Forest Management in Meghalaya" in the Report Centre for Environment Education, North East Regional Cell, Guwahati.
- Thomas, E.D and M. Lalwani (1997): "Incidence of Poverty in Meghalaya Villages", Journal of Rural Development, 16(3).
- Thomas, E.D and M. Lalwani (1997): "Meghalaya's Experience with the National Rural Employment Programme", Manpower Journal, XXXIII(1).